What should we pay attention to when installing hybrid car batteries?
1. Professionals must carry out all installation work; please pay attention to safety as it involves high-voltage work.
2. The ventilator of the heater or air conditioner should not directly face the battery. The temperature difference between the battery module parts should not exceed 3℃. The battery should be protected from direct sunlight, away from fire, and not placed in an environment of a large amount of radioactive, infrared radiation, organic solvents, and corrosive gases.
3. The battery is finished and charged product when shipping. Therefore, during transportation and installation, it must be carefully handled to prevent short circuits, and it is strictly prohibited to fall, smash, reverse connection, etc.
4. Due to the high voltage of the battery module, there is a danger of electric shock. Therefore, when installing and unloading the conductive connecting piece, the operator must use insulating tools and wear insulating gloves when installing or transporting the battery.
5. Dirty connecting pieces or loose connections may cause poor battery contact, so keep the connecting piece clean at the joint and tighten the connecting piece; however, the torque does not exceed the torsion when tightening the nut (M5 is 5N; M6 is 7N) So that it does not produce distortion stress on the terminals.
6. Do not reverse the polarity of the battery.
7. If abnormal conditions are found during operation, the cause of the fault should be found in time, and the battery should be replaced in time.
HYBRID BATTERY MAINTENANCE
The suggested maintenance procedure for Prius and Camry is as follows:
1. The module shall be charged at a constant current of 6A for 15 minutes (25% SOC), the voltage limitation setting is 18.0V, stop charging if the module voltage limitation >18.0V, the module temperature limitation (T the highest) ≤ 42℃ when charging.
2. Rest for 5 minutes.
3. The module shall be charged at a constant current of 1.2A for 30 minutes (10% SOC), the voltage limitation setting is 18.0V, stop charging if the module voltage limitation >18.0V, the module temperature limitation (T the highest) ≤ 42℃ when charging.
4. Rest 30 minutes.
5. Then the module shall be discharged at a constant current of 6A for 5 minutes(8% SOC), the voltage limitation setting is 15.0V, stop discharging if the module voltage limitation<15.0V, the module temperature limitation (T the highest) ≤ 42℃ when discharging.
Note: The temperature of the testing environment for the above operation: is 25 ℃±5 ℃(Must be done under ventilated conditions); A whole battery pack needs to be finished and charged within one day or earlier.